The game is not entirely ready, but it is submitted nontheless. I’m not entirely happy with the AI or with the control system of the alien spawn in the 3rd phase of the game. Also, for the game to have some depth, there should have been more spaceships and more human units (esp. marines) to explore and hone your alien tactics on.
Also the game is very ugly, but I’m not artist and I simply did not have the time to do serious pixel pushing or 3D-modeling. By minimum the sprites should have walk cycles to all 4 directions, but this time it was not a priority, and therefore, it did not happen.
I’m was quite happy with the tool of my choice: the Jypeli-library. I only encountered one problem caused by the game framework and even that was circumvented quite easily. Coding the game in C# was a breeze, but creating assets takes really much time. Even when I decided to use only minimal placeholder graphics. My respect goes to you fellow LDers who have created really professional game assets AND a game in so little time.
The game consists of ~1000 lines of C# code, 20 or so sprites, few sound effects generated with SFXR. I effetively worked around 12-16 hours, and I estimate that the time was distributed 10% ideas / 40 % coding / 40 % assets / 10% updates, chatting, etc. I have captured the process, so expect timelapse in few days.
Have fun playing and beware the bugs: