Posts Tagged ‘xixgames’
The first night,since theme annuncied, here in Spain is really late, 2:30 am approx, i spent like 8h creating a mongodb server with php api rest to realise next day that it would take another two days to be implemented.
So, I moved to appwarp server for Unity for the first time after analyze all the other options like photon cloud, smartfoxserver etc
The demo was working, i added all the assets, and did some coding all the day until now, barely sleeped, the project got corrupted in a physics online loop in the editor and i was in pain, lucky me i recovered the files this morning and now the only part left is to finish some online mechanics and scores ,etc
Hud is done, also character motor and cool rendering with mirroring fx.
This LD I could not make my entry, I was showing my games in a videogames conference, it is as important as make videogames, for sure!.
So,here is a screenshot of the prototype
Anyway, I got a lot of feedback from ficzone14 for my games during the jam
Here is the ship in the Shiva 3D engine:
it’s an old free ship by www.psionic3d.co.uk I have converted to fit in this LD25:
And here it is, the game running
this game is just now in Blackberry appworld waiting for review, meanwhile, I’ll try to improve it
I’m here to say that my game “Egypt Wizard” has had 2 buys, yesterday , 6 of November still doesnt count, but I feel like a win, the game is unfinished, but keep growing very fast, a new update is waiting for review and i’m preparing the versions for Android and Bada markets.
Here some screenshots from updated version.
There is a lot of new stuff in the game, lot of hard work and fun.
Game is in japanese, chinese, english and spanish.
Buy game here:
This is the current progress, only 3 levels now.
I have already submitted the app to Appstore, I ‘m preparing the new version with the issues from my three beta-test teams (iOS, Android, BB)
* A new logo of XIXGAMES for the game intro:
* New doors game system, until you kill the mobs around you cant pass to the next room (today I replayed “No More Heroes” for PS3 and this people use the same , ah, guys from Darksiders do this trick also )
* A new intro, first show the XIXGAMES logo, then run three animations in 3D with a particle system and another in 2D for the play buttons.
* Magic and physicial Combat systems are more efficient now, there is a new spell also (icebolt). Player can die now XD and return to the menu very fast. There are new sound fx also, when you get hitted and new sounds for the spells also, there is a random sound for repeated tasks. Damage is calculated this way:
-- Compute damage with armor and so on local nResist = 1.0 - this.Resistance ( )/100.0 local damage = magicalPower * nResist this.health ( this.health ( ) - damage )
* Added a chest system based on proximity sensors, it works like the Dungeon Hunter (iOS), when you are near a chest, the physical attack button change to a button with a opened chest, I’m working on this now
* Scene loading mechanics, thanks to Davit Masia, who made me the Loading Screen and help me choose the right font for the title
* Camera movement with touch support: this part was a little bit hard to accomplish because of the current Camera Script had already touch controls and rotations in x,y,z
Things to be added:
- more mobs
- two scenes with 2 simple gameplays
- level up mechanics
- final bosses!
This is a video from Pc (Windows 7) this time:
What I did in 16h
I made my game for Ludum Dare #24 in less than a day. It caught me by surprise, I read the news that the contest had begun the second day and sat at my computer and started drawing textures for models, Run the Game Engine Shiva3D and then I composed a simple scenario and I remember that I was very clear about what I wanted to do, a kind of evolution of planets, something dark with a touch of Mario Galaxy
What went right
I built up the scene, get some free sounds modified and a simple music (atmosphere) and wrote the AI’s, behaviours and HUD scripts in the speed of light, but something bothered me and totally stucked me , a common math problem with free rotations in 3d axis.
What went wrong
The final hour arrived and I had to post the game with 2 bugs: camera and control, users started to test the game and all they said was good things but complied about the bugs, so I kept working on the game until I got a version with less bugs, without the gimbal lock in the control and a better camera, still to be improved…
What a lovely community
I was very surprised with so many comments, when I started to rate the games, I found there was lot of fun games, mine is more like a weird experience said some guy ,I love the touch of humor the users distillate here in the Ludum Dare, I was so used to getting bad reviews of my games in other networks, that this experience of have opinions of people with such passion and professionalism really left me overwhelmed and makes me think all this has a really good purpose to work and deploy a good game for the people, and I love to create new experiences, emotions and travels to other world, those kind of stuff, thank you !
The game evolves too
After reading and talking with other users I found that my game need a whole new point of view, so, one of them said me that it needed another player, I liked the idea and I turned the game into a multiplayer conquer for evolve experience in Space, dark matter is waiting!
Look out, here you have the third and final prototype of the game,
you can see in the video, it contains procedural sounds and the selected char can “collect” other characters in the same “road” line that ends up in the house of the planet.
Here, i start drawing the current level of the house, so you can know it
In the next video I’ll show you the full version of the game