22 days into October challenge, and here is an update on the current version of Vox. Version v0.19 has just been released on Desura and IndieDB, so I thought I would share a post on here to list some of the new features and updates to Vox.
Here are the newest features:
- More Enemies in the world.
- Flying enemies.
- Skeleton archers shoot you from a distance.
- Skelebobs chase you and try to kill your with their deadly swords.
- King Slime boss spawns when you kill too many of his little slime buddies.
- Interactable NPCs.
- NPC movement behaviours – waypoints, world navigation and player follow.
- Questing system.
- Treasure chests.
- Particle editor in the game.
- Particle effects can be added to character parts. i.e head, body, feet, etc.
- particle effects can be added to created weapons and items.
- Undo feature added to creation mode.
- Much better character creation screen in front-end menu.
- Ore deposits that can be mined for ore.
- Collectable items (hearts, coins, ore).
- Damage text popups.
- Improved HUD graphics.
- Experience bar and leveling up.
- Gradient background and better sky rendering.
- Better intro animation.
- New custom frontend music and game music.
- Smoother mouse controls.
- X360 gamepad support.
Here are some recent videos demonstrating new gameplay:
There is a free version to download and test and I would really appreciate it if people would be willing to try this and maybe provide some feedback. As always I am really curious to hear peoples opinions and suggestions. I really like player feedback and love to hear what people’s opinions are (Unless of course they are just the 500th person to state that Vox looks similar to Minecraft or CW :P).