Posts Tagged ‘updated’

Hell Court has been updated!

Posted by (twitter: @9chuckeles9)
Saturday, August 29th, 2015 1:09 pm

Based on the feedback and statistics, I have updated Hell Court to version 1.4!

img

Hopefully players will now actually encounter a flamer.

Changes:

  • increased pain multipliers in all levels
  • moved healing table and flamer to first levels
  • changed goals in first levels
  • added missing tutorials

If you haven’t played the game yet, now is the time to do it.

Updated my Ludum Dare 29 game, Close Your Eyes

Posted by (twitter: @AestheticGamer1)
Sunday, April 26th, 2015 3:51 pm

Thought I’d mention here I spent a few days to fix a few things and add a lot of new content to the game I had made for Ludum Dare 29, Close your Eyes:

001

 

Can be downloaded from one of the following sources:

RPGMakerNet: http://rpgmaker.net/games/7578/
GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/close-your-eyes/58200/
Itch.io: http://aestheticgamer.itch.io/close-your-eyes
IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/close-your-eyes

 

Trailer:

 

OMG Shroom 1.1 is out!

Posted by (twitter: @allhaildaniel)
Monday, August 27th, 2012 10:32 am

Don’t worry, it’s a separate release from the 48 hour version, but it includes the following:

  1. Epic bug fixes topped off with awesome sauce.
  2. Some monster’s didn’t have death sprites, now they do…
  3. Fade out at the ending wasn’t covering all sprites… fixed.
  4. A brand spanking new level! Return of the Squirrels.
  5. You now get kill things as your final evolved self.

You can rate/play the game at this link right here.

Black Hole Comming – Fixed

Posted by
Monday, April 20th, 2009 7:29 am

Hello,

For all of those that want to try my entry and found an import error, i fixed it (it was caused by pymunk, i forgot to remove pymunk import from code).

I also reduced the zip package by half it’s original size by removing useless files and version control info. So for you that already download the broken version it will be less pain to download it again.

Download

http://bannergame.googlecode.com/files/rollbak_LD14_BlackHoleComming_Fixed.zip

Here it is also WIN32 .exe:

Download WIN32

Here is a screnshot of my entry running in Windows XP (at work pc..shhh):

Post Mortem + Control Improving Update

Posted by (twitter: @whitingjp)
Sunday, December 21st, 2008 10:38 am

Right, now that I’ve taken steps to correct the control irritations in Only Forward (see below for the updated version) this seems like a good time to write up a postmortem for the competition.

What I aimed for:

LD13 was my first Ludum Dare competition, and whilst I’ve previously dabbled in coding with tight time limits it’s the first games competition I’ve entered into, so it was all pretty new to me.

My goal from the start was to try and make a game that was essentially complete/polished etc.  I was less worried about managing something technically impressive, or dramatically original, I just wanted to *finish* something in the time.  This ended up shaping the majority of the game, I picked the concept I did because it required minimal simulation, the graphical style because I wouldn’t need to make too much etc. etc.

What went well:

I’m really happy with the direction I took, and particularly my choice to bite off as little as possible.  I ended up being able to get the core gameplay, graphics etc. down very quickly, and that left me with a lot of time to polish and polish.  Were it just a prototype (say what I had at the end of day one) I’m not convinced it’d have been very good, but I’m pretty happy with the fleshed out version.

Following (not quite to the letter, but not far off) the Survival Guide paid off to, it’s a very good set of advice.  I think even the time I spent blogging/on irc/or cooking all ended up helping me keep sufficiently distanced to be able keep polishing and improving something despite being so close to it for such a short length of time.

What went badly:

The controls!  I was a little bit worried about them from the very start, and with all the time I spent polishing the rest of the game I could have easily taken the hour or two I’d have needed to do something less frustrating.  I think the problem was that by the time I had the free time to deal with such things I was so familar with the controls I’d put in earlier on that they just felt natural to me.  I should perhaps have got more feedback during development (and listened more to that I did get).

The other issue was that I couldn’t really see a simple solution and I didn’t want to spend time faffingiaround on something that might not have even worked.  The solution now seems very trivial with the benifit of hindsight, you just allow directions to be pre-selected before the junctions.  It’s the only thing I’m *really* unhappy with in the game, and as such I spent a little time fixing it.  The updated version can be downloaded from http://jwhiting.nfshost.com/coding/onlyforwardfixed.zip it is perhaps worth mentioning that the only thing I’ve changed is the controls, and also that if you’re still judging entries do play the genuine entry instead. The updated version for the unlikely event that anyone wants to play a better version after they’ve made their mind up.

Conclusion:

Wow, that was a bit more epic than I was expecting, congratulations if you’ve just struggled through all of it!

Overall I really enjoyed the competition, I’m definitely looking forward to the next one (fingers crossed I’ll be able to enter it).  It was all a lot of fun, and some extremely impressive stuff was done (just not by ‘safe option’ me).  I’m quite looking forward (only forward, har har..) to seeing the results tomorrow too, I never thought I’d care about that side at all, but it’s kind of exciting nonetheless.

[cache: storing page]