Hullo, I’m Scio. Nice to meet you :bows:.
This is actually my third Ludum Dare, but so far I have been totally asocial and never even introduced myself, let alone post the games, of which there was only one that was even remotely playable. Don’t ask.
But motivated by the trivial coincidence of this being LD #21 and being 21 years old myself, I have finally braved an intro. I am quite proud of that.
Let’s see if I can make a game too; shouldn’t be too hard. No pressure…
I will be working with the following tools, depending on how far I manage to go of course:
- The ever lovely LÖVE, if making a desktop game. This’ll mean lua.
- Inkscape, GIMP, and Mypaint for graphics.
- Blender for CGI: I won’t be making a 3D game.
- Sfxr (yay) for sound effects, and possibly Neil if daring to make music.
- My snazzy, Compiz-y desktop running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.
- Certain other non-computational implements.
I will, almost certainly, not be able to make the competition deadlines, so I’ll focus on Jam instead. And I will try to come up with something fitting the winning theme, but if I can’t…I’ll just choose another one I like and roll with it >.>
As for participation: I will silently stalk the IRC, and try to visit the Hangouts if my connection holds. I don’t have enough bandwidth (or courage) to livestream my work, but I will set up gLapse which was thoughtfully made for this very occasion!
Furthermore, I promise not to get too nervous and go into zen-procrastination-mode like I usually do during rushes.
[Also: Did I go overboard with the tags?]