IT’s an MMO* made with node.js/backbone/three.js/tween.js/underscore/…
What is it all about?
You are in charge of an evergrowing world in a universe full of evergrowing discs.
But growth comes at a terrible price.
In the advent of your great growth-inducing politics the general disc-populace grows weary of overpopulation and overproduction.
You decide to take the best way forward.
War against the unknowingly weak non-blue discs.
Carefully you plan your next aquisitions while balancing your infrastructure spendings with your investitions in green energy and hauntingly large disc-machines of war.
What does work:
- Support for up to 51.00000000000002 players
- Planets indicate their current production capacity by growing
- Planets may revolt (red tint)
- Military and a good investition in green technology help to overcome riots.
What doesn’t work:
- There is no chat or ranking.
- You cannot transfer your all-killing-war-machines to a friendly planet
- If you tab out there is a high chance your browser might die.
- Simulation is a bit rough. Hadn’t had time to make animations
- Same for graphics.
- Player starting positions can be compromised from time to time. If you can’t grow your disc: reload the page
Oh, and the code is horrible. Iam not uber experienced and furthermore obviously needed to reassure myself that Diablo3 won’t ever become a game i could be happy with.
Thanks for your time. Have a blast!
If you still haven’t played it yet, here is a screen with lots of circles for you.
f this s. iam going to be a potato!
*at least in a realtivély tiny world it would be a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE experience. Here it’s somewhat of a medium scale multiplayer app.