We’re now starting to get some of the actual imagery into the game to go with the controls that have already been implemented. The big, blue rectangles represent enemies for the moment. The player can take three hits before dying and the enemies can take two hits.
We’ve also implemented destructible objects but the animations aren’t in yet so nothing interesting to show there just yet. Speaking of animations…if you click on the GIF below to view it, then you can see of the animations that we’ve put together already. This includes an idle, a walk, and an attack for one of the characters.
The controls that we’ve implemented thus far are:
- D or Right Arrow – walk right
- A or Left Arrow – walk left
- W, Up Arrow, or Spacebar – jump
- Down Arrow – swap lead characters; each one has their own unique abilities
- Left Mouse Button – attack
That’s about it for now. Currently left to do:
- Finish animations for player characters
- Get remaining environment obstacles / destructible objects made
- Create enemies with animations
- Title screen, in-game menu, and HUD
- Music and Sound Effects