Well, long’m wanting to create an RPG or whatever. Then in January this year I decided to start an idea that provisionally named Sword of Fireheart, where the player would control Dario the protagonist of the story.
Dario has the important mission to save their village which was apparently frozen by an evil being, the gameplay is made by clicks, reminding some rpgs and several mmorpgs (as ragnarok, which I took some inspiration for various elements of the game).
Until the current state the game is complete and in Beta, the development has one month of life (as is done in January and then I paused the project), but I will further refine the graphics and add some more BGMs and SFX. I had plan to try greenlit but I don’t know very well yet 😀
Our first entry on LudumDare as a team. It’s an RPG game, but you only get ONE….
It’s just two of us, with no fields of expertise in art (you can see which one the ones we make). But finally we finished it, barely.
72 hours, with 3 exam in between. Don’t try it, it’s not healthy….
The ONE is an item in this game that control almost everything you do.
It can be used to attack enemies and heal allies.
But be careful as you use the ONE, you can exhaust it. And when you ran out of ONE, the game will be over.
Don’t worry, as you beat enemies the ONE’s power will replenish.
You cannot die normally in battle. When you die if there is still ONE left, you will be brought back to life. But as it told earlier, if you ran out of ONE the game will be over.
I was travelling throught Spain, meanwhile in the bus I have drawed the things I wanted to do after.
These are the results:
* A new logo of XIXGAMES for the game intro:
* New doors game system, until you kill the mobs around you cant pass to the next room (today I replayed “No More Heroes” for PS3 and this people use the same , ah, guys from Darksiders do this trick also 😉 )
* A new intro, first show the XIXGAMES logo, then run three animations in 3D with a particle system and another in 2D for the play buttons.
* Magic and physicial Combat systems are more efficient now, there is a new spell also (icebolt). Player can die now XD and return to the menu very fast. There are new sound fx also, when you get hitted and new sounds for the spells also, there is a random sound for repeated tasks. Damage is calculated this way:
-- Compute damage with armor and so on
local nResist = 1.0 - this.Resistance ( )/100.0
local damage = magicalPower * nResist
this.health ( this.health ( ) - damage )
* Added a chest system based on proximity sensors, it works like the Dungeon Hunter (iOS), when you are near a chest, the physical attack button change to a button with a opened chest, I’m working on this now
* Scene loading mechanics, thanks to Davit Masia, who made me the Loading Screen and help me choose the right font for the title
* Camera movement with touch support: this part was a little bit hard to accomplish because of the current Camera Script had already touch controls and rotations in x,y,z
Things to be added:
two scenes with 2 simple gameplays
level up mechanics
All these stuff must be done in 8-9 days in total to be able to submit the game to the markets! , btw, I’m getting ready
Things that should be but not
* I’m not gonna add big scenarios, other classes or big challenge with a lot of story, no time
* I really would like to export to consoles but I need to learn the SDK’s of PSP,PS3,NDS,XNA and Wii ware
* Complex mobs have been removed due to poly count, they can not be handled by less powerfull devices such as BB’s, iPhone’s, Android’s and so on