I’ll be be able to polish soon 😀
Posts Tagged ‘progress’
Ultimately, there’s going to be 64 combinations of robot states – tools are still to be implemented so for now there’s just these 16. The chassis properties are there in code, but without any enemies or other level entities, there’s no differences in behaviour to demonstrate.
I still have to actually write up the interface to select these – the idea is that you’ll only be able to have a limited number of enhancements activate at a time (starting with just 1, eventually getting up to 3) so you have to choose between, for example, seeing through walls, moving quickly, or being able to open doors.
[ ✓ ] Player movement
[ ✓ ] Level generation
[ ✓ ] Basic combat
[ ✓ ] Flower picking
[ ✓ ] Enemy movement
[ ] Shapeshifting
[ ] Advanced abilities
[ ] Advanced enemies
[ ] Visual feedback
[ ] Music and sound effects
Things were going great but I have to go out for some hours. I doubt I’ll be ready for the compo(or back at all :/), so Jam it will be.
Progress is going great, got a bunch of cool shit in and it feels good to play. The main game mechanics are all done so today will be about putting in enemies and swarm patterns etc!
It’s coming along. A new enemy type and the first level layout are done as well as fancy level graphics. Beats white cubes, eh?
So it’s been a long one, but it’s been productive. Building is in, as are all the effects associated. I’ve also added level boundaries so you can’t escape into the endless void, so that’s good.
I’d been hoping to add basic enemies today as well, but I figure I can squeeze that in to tomorrow without pressing things too much. All in all, today went well, and I’ve got high hopes for the future!
A proper robot has interchangeable parts. Ultimately, balancing different augmentations for different situations is where I’m hoping to go with this game – for now, only the different sensors are implemented.
Note that the shape shifts as you change parts. I’m not 100% convinced about this sprite work but it’s good enough to do the job unless there’s a surplus of time.
I think that’s gonna do me for today. Now job 1 is to try to get a good night’s sleep.
This gentle fellow’s current mutation allows him to float down to the surface for precise landings and entry into narrow spaces.
There’s no shapeshifting… or win condition… or lose condition… yet. Just movement and this line-of-sight mechanic.
I keep thinking that I’m way behind, but I didn’t get started at all until 14 hours into the compo so I’m actually making good speed – this is certainly going in the jam, though.
SO, first day is over and we’re kinda satisfied,
We’re making a game where you build and shapeshift your raft to pass obstacles.
Here’s what we have so far:
Map Creation System – Rom:
Made from scratch, using GM physics, surfaces, and shaders *gif is a lil broken*
was really fun, still not perfect but gotta do other stuffs too.
We might let the player blow this sand up
Raft Building and shapeshifting system – Tom
the player will be able to shapeshift his raft through the level with items he collects.
PixelArt Assets – Artur
Music – Kryss (Asaf)
Advices/Suggestions are welcome!
So far; Spawners that spawn enemies that chase and can kill the player on collision.
Also the player switches between ‘flight’ and ‘fight’ modes and can kill them right back! And all with basically nil graphics!
Ah, well. First timer etc 😉
I didn’t stand a chance. It doesn’t help that them there robots are attracted to screws.
It’s pretty good progress all and all. A few more enemy types and new level layouts are the main tasks tomorrow. Audio as well, I guess. That old killjoy.
Even when working lowrez I find ways to work on stuff that is not gameplay :/. Buy hey, it moves :3
First Ludum Dare day almost ended, but we’re happy with the results we got so far. Here are some concepts and screenshots from us. Enjoy.
Prototyping the level based on concepts:
We also did a quick study on how we should place rocks and trees so that they look natural:
And last but not least, our main character, fully textured and rigged ready to kick some ass in the game:
So I’ve currently been working for 7-8 hours, so my current progress:
- Came up with idea at around 3am, a bullet hell where you must last as long as possible by avoiding or absorbing bullets like in Ikaruga. The shape shifting theme will be when the boss changes appearance for each behaviour type. The player will also shape shift when changing colours as well.
- Got my HaxeFlixel project up and running, good thing I updated and checked the template the day before. I’m still amazed at how much has changed and improved in HaxeFlixel over the year. It feels like a brand new framework every year!
- I’ve got player movement, enemy bullet patterns, the colour switching and some basic UI working. I’m on good progress to getting the core gameplay done by the end of today.
Hope you like what you see, I’m gonna have dinner now, then more core gameplay stuff!
Hey everyone! Just showing level 1 and a peek of level 2. The shape shifting theme comes into the game in level 2 as you’ll shape shift objects to block the fire.
I’m having a great time so far and I hope you are to!