So, I worked until about 4am last night, got some initial stuff down, then grabbed some sleep. I’ve been working all this morning. A few minutes ago, I had a power cut.
Annoying, but no big deal. Everything should be fine, and I have my fileserver with backups on.
Of course, I hadn’t done a backup since starting. Reboot, and what do you know, my main file of source code is blank. I was not impressed.
Fortunately, I opened PyCharm, looked under local history for the file, and PyCharm saves the edits you make for itself – disaster averted. I can say I was very happy indeed.
Anyway, update on the actual game, got an idea down, but don’t want to spoil it. The current name is “Unrest”, and I went for pySFML in the end.