As some might have read there, we are preparing our second Real World Gathering in Tours. And to be honest, it is getting really exiting : so far our 20 seats for kids are booked. And graphic designers, musicians and developers have proposed to help them creating their own games!
It also seams that we will manage to group around 40 people covering a wide skills range, from graphic designers, to artists, developers, makers or board game designers. I can’t wait to discover what crazy projects will come out of this !
A showcase on Friday night, to start dreaming
As we might be quite a large number of participants who have never met each other, on Friday night (the 21st) we will organise a showcase to get to know eachother (and start dreaming) : everyone will be invited to show its previous productions : boardgames, odd electronic devices, drawings, and video games of course ! You can bet, that it will only be a beginning, as we will order tons of pizzas… But that’s another story 😉
Five workshops for beginners, and the others…
We also want to welcome beginners. So from the 10th to the 19th of April, we organise 5 workshops opened to everyone (whether they take part to the gathering or not) to learn and share about game creation :
- Creating a platformer with Construct 2, for beginners. Tuesday the 10th – 7pm
- Discovering the FunLab and its crazy machines. Wednesday the 11th – 7pm
- Graphics in video games, a workshop to share our knowledge. Thursday the 12th – 7pm
- Creating a point & click with Adventure Game Studio, for beginners. Tuesday the 18th – 7pm
- Sounds and Musics in video games, a workshop to share our knowledge. Thursday the 12th – 7pm
Still some seats left…
There still are some seats left for the gathering and the workshops, so don’t forget to register if ever you wish to join !
And don’t forget to follow #ldtours37 for more news about our gathering !