Cross-posting this to the old site as well…
Hey there everybody! DDRKirby(ISQ) here…I’m proud to announce (rather last-minute) that we’ll be IN for LD38!
**Happy 15th anniversary LD!** This will actually be my 15th time entering Ludum Dare — a happy coincidence.
We’re shaking things up a little this time around and besides my partner-in-crime Kat we have two newbies who will be joining us in the **Jam** division, one on programming and one on art! Hopefully we’ll be able to come up with something interesting and enjoyable between the four of us
Tools and frameworks to be used:
– Unity as an engine, targeting WebGL. Unfortunately seamless audio looping on WebGL has still not been fixed, so music loops will always have a slight hiccup. I tried delving into the matter myself to no avail but it’s a pretty deep rabbit hole.
– Tiled and Tiled2Unity if we need tilemaps
– FL Studio for music
– LabChirp for additional sfx generation
– Photoshop and/or Illustrator for the artists to churn out art. Or Aseprite if we need to do pixeling
– GIMP for any additional image processing I need to do
I’ll also be using parts of my [Harmonic Unity](https://bitbucket.org/DDRKirbyISQ/harmonic-unity) framework (don’t try to use it, it’s heavily undocumented and incomplete) where applicable.
My personal goals for LD this time around:
– Work well with everyone on the team
– Stay happy and healthy, and cook good food!
– Make something simple, that we can expand on if we have time.
Hope everyone is getting hyped for the compo! Make sure to take care of yourself, get some rest, rev up your game engines, and stock up on supplies!