Posts Tagged ‘GNU/Linux’
This is a reminder to unity developers, there is NO webplayer for linux(yet?) so please, make a linux build, its not that hard =).
Linux users like to play games too!
Simple instructions to build for linux:
Wow, NME works great thanks all people working on NME/haXe.
So I have submited my game and it is working on:
- Android (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/dist/astronautics-android.apk)
- Linux (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/dist/astronautics-linux-x86.tar.gz)
- Windows (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/dist/astronautics-windows.zip)
- HTML5 (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/)
- Flash (but the stars on the background) (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/dist/astronautics-flash.swf)
Not tested but compiled:
Not able to compile but probably working (Thanks Apple)
What went well:
haXe + NME, the cross platform compiler + its graphical friend. I never thought I would be able to deliver so much version of my game without having to change anything in the code (except for a -1 to 999999 for the HTML5 version). During this two days I was compiling to random targets and if something didn’t work on a version I didn’t have to check a very long script. And a few times it saved me from code that wasn’t correct. On some platforms it did work, but on one platform it got some problems so I knew something wasn’t right.
Inkscape, I didn’t know that I could draw planets so nice. I impressed myself this weekend (thanks LD).
What went wrong:
I think the game has still some memory leaks. But I’m not able to fix that in time, IF i’m even able to fix it. It is possible that it is a bug in NME. And second, my code is a mess. Long time no scripting didn’t make it better.
But I really like the product I have made this weekend.
If someone one a mac knows how to use haXe + NME. Could you please download the source (http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/release/dist/astronautics-source.tar.gz) and compile it for iOS/OSX?
My entry: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=4506
I finaly have a playable version of the game Now I only have to fix some bugs and than I can add additional stuff.
You can play the HTML5 version here: http://games.corne.info/LD/LD23/6/html5/bin/
Used so far:
- Planet are being spawned
- My rockets flies and attaches hisself to the planets
- Gameover screen
What I want to add:
I’m very happy to introduce you gLapse 0.2, the visual GNU/Linux tool to take screenshots at fixed intervals and make time lapse videos of your compo progress. If you didn’t knew gLapse you can check out more information about this tool in my first post. At this moment, gLapse is available in English, Spanish and German.
- Configurable video quality (very bad, bad, normal, good, best).
- Synchronized screenshots output and video input folders.
- Changes default screenshots output folder.
- Adds German translation (thanks to Superyoshi).
- Improves GUI usability.
Hi, I’m proud to introduce you gLapse v0.1, a GUI GNU/Linux tool to make time lapse videos of your Ludum Dare work progress. gLapse allows you to take desktop screenshots at fixed intervals and glue them together in a time lapse video. I developed it because there only were command line tools to make time lapse videos on Linux… until now!
- Take .png screenshots at a custom time interval and with variable quality.
- Make videos from using the saved screenshots with custom FPS.
- Multilanguage: English and Spanish for now (more translations are welcome!).