FLEEDOM FLIES – by HybridMind – April 17th-19th, 2009
Created from scratch for Ludum Dare 14’s 48hr game competition
An unstoppable armada of alien warships is approaching your doomed homeworld. Your only hope is to see how many of your race’s precious colony ships you can save! Flee through the armada for freedom, your fleet flies for it’s lives!
- Use the arrow keys to move
- Use Z/A/Y to contract your fleet’s ship spacing
- Use X/S to expand your fleet’s ship spacing
How to Play:
The more expanded your fleet the larger your score multiplier! Watch out though as this will make you more vulnerable sometimes. To score high you will need to balance when you contract and expand with how you move through the alien armada.
- Also features Online Leaderboards for some friendly competition!
- Coded in ActionScript 3.0 using the Flash CS4 IDE and using Dr. Petter’s sfxr for sound effects.
- MochiAds Leadboard v3.0 API used
- Greensock TweenEngine Lib used
Leave a comment below or in the voting feedback area, or email me at dave [at] hybridmind.com
I’ll be working on this game some more so any thoughts or suggestions will be taken into consideration for the post-compo version! Thanks for playing and I hope you have a good time with it!
NOTE: If it seems slow or laggy, Flash can sometimes have issues when you view it with your browser. I recommend downloading one of the links below to play on your desktop for maximum performance!