3/4 of the time limit has passed, but I think to be on time.
My game progresses gradually, here the current state of progress :
I just have to finish the code then i’ll can compose a music and enhance the graphics.
Here is the progress of my game : Game Console Story.
As this name implies, the game will talk about the evolution of the game consoles.
It is a “grow game” : you start with the Atari 2600 then you do grow this console using technological advances on it. The goal is to achieve the best console ever.
I made the organization chart, a bit of code and 2 little assets :
I’m Eldaryze, the programmer and sound designer of the getRandomName() Jam Team.
Here is my 72h Timelapse of the game making.
Check our entry here !
Almost 48 hours after the beginning of the Ludum Dare, we have found a name for our game :
Here is a screenshot of our Game :
We still have a lot of things to do :
But we have a lot of thing done :
For the second time, we are in ! And we henceforth have a name for our Jam Team : getRandomName() ! NB : Our previous participation.
Here is the setup :
– Eldaryze as programmer and sound designer
– Enimal as game designer and level designer
– Oxydam as game designer and level designer
This is the actual state of development, after almost one day of work.
As you can see :
– We are using Flash – with the famous flixel framework.
– It’s a one screen game without scrolling. All will be in the 800×512 window.
– It’s a 3/4 view rpg – even if the perspective isn’t always regular. The small 3×2 black rectangle is the player.
– Some graphics need to be remade.
– We have to implement the NPCs and the interactions with the world.
– We should enhance the game with chiptune music.
– Find a name !
That’s all for today. Good luck everyone !