Woah Ludum Dare great fun videogames stream development tools tools workflow timelapse snowman potato etc etc.
Let’s get to the point.
I’ll probably be joining the compo, and will switch to the jam if I need more time. Tools:
- C# – Language. Obviously superior.
- Unity3D – Game Engine. Due to the awesome folks over at Unity giving away ~1,000 free codes for a month of Pro, this just gets even better.
- MonoDevelop – IDE. Unity’s one weakness. I can’t afford the Visual Studio plugin, so I’m stuck with this.
- Paint.NET – 2D Graphics. Besides the fact that it’s awesome and free, I have the most experience with this.
- BFXR & Freesound – SFX.
- BeepBox – Music.
- Open Broadcasting Software – Streaming [Twitch]
As for a timelapse, I’ll be using Chronolapse, assuming it works. It keeps telling me it doesn’t have write permission, even though I’ve given full permissions to everything for the target folder, and ran Chronolapse as administrator. If anyone has a solution, please comment!
Hoping to do better than last time. Ratings weren’t good, and I procrastinated posting them, so here:
Learned a ton about Unity platformers though, which led me to fix the super annoying “I’m stuck on this tile wtf” bug and optimize collisions at the same time. It even got me to start a Github project to make Unity assets intended for creating platformer games, which I’ll be using if I create a platformer this time around.
Anyways, theme dare post wordpress vote potatosalad hope ludum snowman and good luck!