It’s my second Ludum Dare, but first official (in 29 I didn’t write anything here official blog). And here’s a little summary of my Untangle game submission. Tommorow I’ll write longer post-mortem and share it on my devblog.
Untangled is 2D shoot them up game. Various worlds tangled together, and – as multidimensional police officer you must jump inside your trusted tank and fight strange monsters! Some of them just gone crazy after Connection, some came from other worlds. Ultimately you must untangle worlds, and bring peace once again!
- I decided to go with project little beyond my coding limits and… well… I broke my limits and made a game~!
- I learned some new things about gemetry, mouse handling in allegro library and C++ STL containers.
- About 4 hours before end I was convinced I won’t make it, but here it is. It’s so good to don’t give in to your fears.
- My implementation of tile maps sucks, so game have serious lags, and I’m not sure how to fix it.
- I really struggled with silly read-file, and tile map errors so I didn’t have time to make any sfx.
- I have to cut lot of my previous gameplay ideas… (but maybe they’ll made to post-LD version?)
- I feel like there’s to little impact on disconnecting worlds.
- My art but I’m secretly proud of Fire monsters.
I must admit it was great to participate once again, and remind myself that “Ludum dares you to be happy”.
It’s wonderful to be part of community, and I really hope that someone’ll find my game interesting.
Good luck to you all, and see you on Ludum Dare 31 (: