Thinking of something. The player is…
- the Beast, not Beauty,
- Alma, not a F.E.A.R. executive,
- the dragon, not the knight,
- the witch, but neither Hänsel nor Grätel,
- an orc, not Frodo,
- Dracula, not Van Helsing,
- the sarlacc, not Luke,
- the zombie pirate, not Guybrush,
- the kid burning ants with a magnifier, not an ant,
- the ants, not a scientist,
- the mummy, not the archeologist,
- The Machine, not Turrican,
- the slave driver, not the liberator,
- a ghost, not a Ghostbuster™,
- a ghost, not Pacman,
- the wolf, not a sheep,
- the A.I., not a human being.
More ideas: Frankenstein? Godzilla? King Kong? An Evolve demake? A flesh-eating plant?
Nobody loves the monster. The monster is grotesque, a creature of the night, outlawed, hidden, too big, insatiable, ugly, not something to play with.
And it waits under the bed.