Hello fellow ludum-dare-ers!
So I split my october in half, wanting to maximize on my chances of crossing the finish line with *something* that makes $1.
First half I cleaned up and fixed a hack I’ve made a few years back. It’s not exactly a game, but it’s got 3D graphics so close enough for me; it’s a stereoscopic 3D tunnel effect. Made a cool menu GUI for it, fixed a couple of stupid bugs, and uploaded to the iOS app-store as free with ads, which was a very enlightening experience.
Turns out, I was done with the code first week of october, but only managed to get it approved, with ads running, 2 days ago! So lesson learned: if I want to release something on the appstore, and have it up at a specific point in time, do it a month early
I also decided to release the code under the GNU GPLv3, because what I’ve ended up with, is a very nice example (I think) of a simple UNIX make-based build system for building cross-platform mobile apps. This code currently builds on PC (linux/mac at least, I think also windows but haven’t tested), iOS and Android. iOS has it’s own xcode project (included), but everything else builds from my makefile.
Github source code
iOS appstore page (or search for “stereoscopic tunnel” on the store on an iOS device).
Please check it out if you have an iOS device (it’s free with ads), because right now I’ve just made 40 cents off the ads, and I want to hit the full glorious dollar by the end of october to feel like I’ve accomplished the October challenge
The second half of october I was making an actual game. It’s obviously not done, but I’ll extend my own personal october challenge to november, because I really want to release this before the holidays, as it’s an xmas-themed game. I’ll edit this post with extra info if I ever manage to finish, release it and make money out of that one. For now I’ll leave you with a development screenshot: