This is my 5th LD and I am in again. But this time I have a request for you: please do more games with artificial intelligence! I mean, you don’t have to make an awesome stupendous incredible AI, a simple and functional AI is more than enough. There is a lot of libraries out there, and a lot of easy techniques to use: minimax, finite state machines, subsumption, utility functions, fuzzy, behaviors trees, boiding… (note: you probably will want to take a look at these before the compo if you want to use without prior knowledge).
Try something new, try some new game AI!
My personal goal in LD is to use artificial intelligence algorithms as part of the core mechanics of all my games. I have 3 games out of 4 so far, and I want to increase this score within this compo. I’m planning to use Behavior Trees properly this time (especially if Companion wins!).
- Editor: sublime text 3.
- Code: HTML5 with CreateJS and Creatine.
- Graphics: Inkscape and GIMP for now – I also have Spriter and PyxelEdit, but I don’t really know how to work with them yet.
- Audio: Audacity, Bfxr (maybe) and Guitarpro - Don’t known any other music/audio creator, so I’m stuck with guitarpro for now.
- AI Libs: Behavior3JS, StateJS and EasyStarJS (all if needed).
- Other tools: Tiled for tilemaps and shoebox for packing (all if needed).
- Baa-ram-ewe (#31) my excuse to learn the boiding algorithm, used it to control nice little sheeps – my best entry so far, at 35th (overall classification) out of more than 2600 submissions.
- Love craft (#30) used this entry to implement behavior trees, unfortunately I spent so much time on BTs that I couldn’t make a fun game (but now I have a BT library =]).
- Beneath the Sea (#29) nothing special (complete redesign after 24 hours).
- Hungry Flies (#24) trying to use genetic algorithms to evolute hungry behaviors.