when is the next Ludum dare??

170 days ago | September 2nd, 2017 8:24 am

hi im new when is the next ludum dare :)

Follow and subscribe guys

Posted by (twitter: @doppelgunner)
178 days ago | August 25th, 2017 7:36 am

How to get in Ludum Dare competitions

Posted by
179 days ago | August 24th, 2017 2:55 am

I’m new to Ludum Dare .. Can any1 pls tell me how to get into ld competitions and what are the rules?

I’m …in?

Posted by
180 days ago | August 23rd, 2017 1:53 am

Well I just learnt that you need to have posted something to have a user page on the old site… Anyway if anyone wants to try out my game for LD39, here it is :)


Poll: What would be your ideal rating categories?

Posted by (twitter: @AlakajamBang)
181 days ago | August 22nd, 2017 4:35 am

If you were to reinvent Ludum Dare, what rating categories would you pick?

We have a poll going on currently at Alakajam!, for a new 48-hour long competition held in between Ludum Dare events. Among the topics we’re trying to figure out, we’re wondering what would be a good improvement over the current rating  categories, which are as we speak: Overall, Graphics, Audio, Fun, Innovation, Theme, Mood & Humor.

If you have suggestions, make your voice heard by answering this quick form! Thanks for your contribution :)

EDIT: The submissions are now closed, thank you everyone! You can see the results over there. If you’re interested in joining us, the first competition will be held on the 22-24 September week-end, see you there!


Alakajam! competition categories form

Highway to the Nearest Gas Station timelapse

Posted by
184 days ago | August 19th, 2017 3:13 pm

Let’s Create: Dice Hunter!

Posted by
186 days ago | August 17th, 2017 8:44 pm
Hi there,
Here’s another one for my Neil Creates series where I recreate the dice mechanics of Dice Hunter. It’s a great game!
This is a series where I try to recreate some assets, art style, gameplay mechanics, and other components and/or elements that make up other games. I also share some techniques and best practices that I learned so far while recreating previous works of art. Enjoy!
Play. Learn. Create.
YouTube Playlist: http://bit.ly/2tI5mUh
Texts, Screenshots, Code Snippets: http://bit.ly/2eSbRBe
If you have comments, suggestions, recommendations, please do comment, I may have made an error here and there and I’ll be more than honored to learn more. And if you enjoy the series, please do subscribe to be updated for more.

The Adventures of Sam Carlisle

Posted by (twitter: @givit_games)
191 days ago | August 12th, 2017 11:31 am

Our game THE ADVENTURE OF SAM CARLSILE: THE HUNT FOR THE LOST TREASURE is almost ready for release. The official release will be on Steam the 6 October. Here is our trailer https://youtu.be/2U0er6t0kKU

Come And Keep ‘Em Alive

Posted by
193 days ago | August 10th, 2017 7:54 am

BatteryUnknown’s PowerGrounds – an LD Multiplayer Game

Posted by (twitter: @_udo)
199 days ago | August 4th, 2017 7:39 am

I finally had the time to put the timelapse up:


If you’re looking to play a quick multiplayer game with some friends, check it out:


What’s most amazing to me is that the hacked-together multiplayer server hasn’t crashed once since the game went live, serving more than 22 thousand player sessions I expected it to need more handholding or even bugfixing 😉 there have been some bugfixes on the client side (see changelog) but overall it’s been relatively smooth sailing.

I’ll put up a downloadable client and a downloadable server at some point, because I don’t want to leave behind a non-functioning shell after the judging period is over 😉

Limited Light (Tech Demo)

Posted by (twitter: @SiegfriedCroes)
200 days ago | August 3rd, 2017 3:26 pm

Lightning has struck the apartment building, all power is down. Descend into the basement to restore it.

I didn’t manage to make it into a proper game, that’s why it’s labeled “tech demo”. I hope it’s still a good start for something that could become a full game in the future.

Game page (Window only, WebGL hopefully soon)

Limited Light

PoV plz

Posted by
200 days ago | August 3rd, 2017 3:11 pm

I’m certain I can speak for everybody on that: PoV, we want notifications on the new site! >.<

Did you say fun with cubes?

Posted by
201 days ago | August 2nd, 2017 1:08 pm

I thought you did. If so, try out my cube-laden abstract finance game, Tycoon. Your feedback is welcome, and I’ll review you back if you review and let me know here.




Tycoon LD39 Page

Play Tycoon in browser (WebGL Unity)

Posting my game here while I wait for the DDOS to be over

Posted by
201 days ago | August 1st, 2017 11:59 pm

So my game is called “Rulesquest” it’s a project I wanted to do for some time but I never got around to start it.

Well I started yesterday and finished a few minutes ago :)

Entropy is taking over the world. Obtain the 5 crowns to restore the order and rule once again!

– WASD/arrow keys: move
– Space bar: pick up items/ drop items
– Escape : restart the game (useful if you’re stuck)

– Auto-attacking
– Levelling up
– 4 bosses with unique AI and dialogue

Play the game here:
Source code:

The Ludum dare page:


Play Here: The Color of Days to Come

202 days ago | August 1st, 2017 1:47 pm


Hello everyone, I made a narrative game about dealing with breakups and depression. I would really like if you play and rate it!






Posted by
202 days ago | August 1st, 2017 11:02 am

[cache: storing page]