Theme: Any Past Theme – hosted by Tim Bumpus – June 2015
Space Explorerby MintArcade - Mini LD 60 Entry
Jam Theme: Tiny world (LD23)
Reason: That's first time I found out about Ludum Dare, but was not bold enough to participate.
After intense fight with Ixtonan avanpost you are returning back home. You almost there when your last solar panel broke off. Fuel and oxygen are fine, but without power that will be the end of you.
Long range scanner located a solar system nearby, far away from war zone. Former inhabitants are fled from their homes, and you decide to wander around and may be find a way to fix your depleading batteries.
Controls: WSAD or Arrow keys to tilt and roll, Left Control to accelerate, and Space to trust upwards. Mouse pointer to look.
- "Realistic" space physics; gravity, accurate SOFs (Sphere of Influence).
- Atmospheric drag with heat particles.
- Orbital mechanic with ability to bring ship to stable orbit. Based on real world inverse square law.
- Nav ball with retro/pro grade vectors indicator.
- Dynamic solar system with spinning and rotating planets and moons.
Features not yet in the game, but will be included in following builds:
- Ability to recharge, refuel, replenish oxygen and supplies.
- Multiplayer co-op and free modes.
- Upgrades for the ship.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.