hosted by sorceress – July 2013
RTS - pewpew (for lack of a better name)by Andrew - 7dRTS / Mini LD 44 Entry
I started with some of my own existing code for maneuvering/firing weapons etc, but I've added all the game-y things in these last few days, including setting up and calibrating the various units. The ship models are cc0 from the shipyard pack by greyoxide.
It's essentially a score attack mode. Get points by destroying other ships. You have limited resources, your opponent does not.
The key info is on the game's page.
You get to buy 4 ships:
- frigate: double blasters(short range) and 50 homing missiles (long range), fast, best against miner and fighters
- big gun: experimental science ship, it shoots a big ball of hurt that goes through targets, short range, area of effect, can destroy multiple missiles/turrets at once
- miner: retrofitted mining ship, has a powerful long range laser but is very slow, doesn't try to target figters or frigates (they're too fast), but will shoot them if they get in front of the laser; best against carrier
- carrier: very slow, very durable, has 4 point defense turrets and 2 offensive turrets, very short range, turrets can be destroyed, carries 5 fighters
- fighters can't be bought directly, they come bundled with carriers, very fast, very small, they have one blaster
There's probably more I'm forgetting but such is the way of things.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.