hosted by sorceress – July 2013
System Commandby terrorcell - 7dRTS / Mini LD 44 Entry
'System Command'(c) by Callum 'Terrorcell' Nichols, 2013.
'C&C Red Alert (INET)'(c) font by N3tRunn3r, 2007.
This game was made for the 7dRTS competition held by Ludum Dare
as a part of the MiniLD series (#44).
It was made using Slick2D and LWJGL. Links to both can be found at the end.
It is a kind of (simpler) clone of the online game 'Neptune's Pride'.
The source has not been supplied because it is absolutely filthy. Very rushed. I might provide it if there is enough interest.
Please make sure that you have the latest version of Java.
====== HOW TO PLAY ===========================================
The game centres around collecting star systems to increase your overall
technology count, and the main goal is to defeat every opponent in the map.
Left click to select things, and right click to move fleets.
You can also right click on stars on the minimap to move fleets (as long as you have them selected).
Hover your mouse over a system to see its quick stats (left number is population,
right number is technology).
The more population a star has, the faster its technology grows. And the more technology
that you have overall, the faster you will gain technology points.
You can spend technology points by clicking on the Technology button in the top left
corner of the screen.
To place a new fleet onto a system, select the system (its details will appear at the
bottom of the screen), and then click on the 'Place fleet on ...' button.
To increase the population of a system (colonize, very much worth it), make sure you have
a fleet stationed on the system that you wish to colonize. Select the system, and click on
the 'Colonize ...' button in the technology window. Please note that this will consume a
single ship from the fleet.
You can move around the map by using the arrow keys on your keyboard, by clicking and
dragging on the minimap, or by clicking and dragging the main screen.
====== NOTES v1.2 ==============================================
* Added zooming
* Press TAB to view players
* Press H to return to your home star
====== NOTES v1.1 ==============================================
* Right click and drag to drag around the map.
* Left clicking on the minimap no longer deselects your selected fleet .
* The AI now focuses on building up its fleets when it's low, and also tries to build up fleet sizes before attacking.
* Technology point speed has been tweaked a bit, should now be faster and a bit more constant .
* Fixed the minimap bug.
====== NOTES v1.0 ==============================================
There are a few bugs still left in the game:
* Opening the technology window may stop the minimap from working
- quick fix: select any of your fleets, deselect them, and the minimap should then work.
* Fleets may sometimes disappear when passing through a system
- quick fix: avoid that system, it's a horrible bug (if it doesn't appear, hooray!)
* Some strands of systems may not be connected to the rest of the map
- quick fix: start a new game and/or change the seed
* Total technology may not show the actual total technology that you own
* A bunch of others that aren't really game breaking
* Also note that the Load button on the main menu doesn't do anything. This was a planned feature
that I did not have time to complete.
* Finally, if the game seems to freeze on the loading screen when entering a new game, that's just the random name generator being slow. I consider it a bug.
If you find any more, or the game crashes, please let me know at either email@example.com
or on my blog (linked below).
Slick2D - http://slick.ninjacave.com/
LWJGL - http://lwjgl.org/
My Personal Gamedev Blog - thefinalalert.wordpress.com
Java - https://www.java.com/
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.