Well, Mike ran in to problems getting ldjam.com working properly with about 12 hours left in the Compo, so this is the backup plan.
The 16th Bitby reheated - Compo Entry
You have received a mysterious invitation to a LAN party, and upon arrival you find out that the host has gone missing! Time to investigate! This consists of a mixture of logic puzzles and a cryptic clue game that you play by clicking on the computer games you find around the room, inspired by The 11th Hour.
- To begin with, try just clicking on things around the room. The cursor changes colour when it is over something you can interact with.
- When you are looking closely at something, you can click at any edge of the screen (the cursor will turn into an arrow) to go back to the rest of the room.
If you want hints on the cryptic clues, or you need reminding of the puzzle rules, talk to your friend by clicking on the phone in the top right. The rules for the puzzle are explained in-game, but for reference:
- A number and a square means the symbol in that tile must match exactly that many of its 8 neighbours (horizontal, vertical and diagonal)
- A number and left-right arrows means the symbol must match exactly that many of the other tiles in the same row
- A number and up-down arrows means the symbol must match exactly that many of the other tiles in the same column
- A barrier between two tiles means they must not have the same symbol.
- Coding: Notepad++.
- Code base: The reusable parts of my previous two games.
- Testing: Chrome, Edge, Firefox on Windows.
- Graphics and fonts: Krita, GIMP, Codehead's bitmap font generator (made a pixel font out of Deja Vu).
- Sound and music: FL Studio, Miroslav Philharmonik, Audacity.
Update (2016-12-14): "Ported" the game to also support IE11. (If the game doesn't work for you, e.g., if it gets stuck on the "Decoding audio" message, please let me know what browser and OS you had problems in. It may be worth trying a different browser.)
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.