Well, Mike ran in to problems getting ldjam.com working properly with about 12 hours left in the Compo, so this is the backup plan.
Executionerby Fuad - Jam Entry
You are the Royal Executioner. Your job is to render justice and justify the crown's cruelty, while keeping the mob at bay.
Unfortunately you're not numb enough to kill and torture people in cold blood, and your sanity cracks with every life taken.
However should you abandon your grim duty the crowd will go berserk and drown the city in blood.
Gamedesign and coding - Fuad "Funt" Kuliev
Original Texts - Elena "Leks" Sivakova
Translation - Emil "Bone" Heydarov, Tamara "Solarom" Persikova
Music - Jorsitska
0) This is very minimalistic game withous graphics, but as I hope your imagination will replace it.
1) The PC has Sanity that recovers very slowly. Once it's depleted you'll go mad.
2) You need to get answers to the main objectives out of your victims in order to justify the sentence.
3) If the crowd is displeased with you or with the Crown, the level of Chaos will grow and bring your demise closer.
4) If you want to leave your post someday and uncover the secrets of this world, you need to grow your Information Rating by obtaining answers to secondary questions.
5) Each answer is unlocked by getting your victim to a certain condition. For example, you can get the answer that will lead to an execution only from a victim who sees no other choice.
6) Each victim recovers mentally and physically at appropriate times: if you torture the victim mentally but leave the body alone it will recover, and vice versa.
7) Each trauma you inflict lowers the overall level of the victim's endurance by a 25%, never allowing complete recovery.
Sorry guys, since a tight deadline didn't allow us to create a tutorial, here's an example of solving one of the main objectives.
1) The victim has a 100 physical and 100 mental hit point.
2) Each type of hits will "go red" when this number gets below 33.
3) If the victim confesses to treason, she condemns herself to a horrible death (she will probably die anyway, but one can hope). So she won't confess unless her conditions are both in the red.
4) This means your goal is to get both conditions in the red and then ask your question, or get the physical condition in the red and the mental one in the yellow and then intimidate the victim (this will temporarily bring the mental condition down one category).
5) Basicaly any victim will answer on any question if both conditions are red, but it can be dangerous (victim can die) or cost too much time/sanity/stamina
6) Safer questions (for victim) will require yellow or even green condition to be answered.
Share number of days that you can survive, your information rating and type of death. Mine is Day 13, Rating 26, gone mad.
After Jam fix
Based on comments I lower the difficulty. Now you have 24 time (twice as many as before) and this time is reduced per each next victim until stabilized on 12.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.