Rude Bear Raidby Alex Rose - Jam Entry
THIS GAME IS ONLINE ASYNC AND MORE FUN WITH FRIENDS. ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO WAR WITH YOU OR AGAINST YOU!
Rude Bear Raid is the 9th game in the Rude Bear megaseries (and the 8th one in Ludum Dare).
This game is an online multiplayer asynchronous war game between Bears and Boars.
There are six classes to play as.
Your aim is to storm the enemy base and clamber into the core to get one of their precious points.
You'll have to face the Guardians of your online opponents though. Press x at any time to deploy a Guardian, and with it leave a hilarious message about how your team is vastly superior to your opponents.
To get through the base you have to capture rooms, by placing Guardians in them. Then, you must battle your opponent's Guardians together to win. There are 6 types, 1 for each class.
You are the weapon. (And also you have some pretty gross weapons like faeces. And bacon).
Classes (which take this form):
Mobility: How fast you move
Primary weapon: What its effect is
Guardian: What stuff is
TEAM UNLIMITED RUDENESS (Rude Bear and Co):
- Standard mobility.
- Trigonometric bacon rifle: Assault rifle fires in waves and bounces.
- Baconbot: A hunter that seeks boars. Follows them round and fires bacon at them.
- Limited Mobility, slower and less jumping.
- Supercharging Hamspoker: A death laser. Hold down click for long enough and you can fry up some boars.
- Pork Roaster: A spitroast of death lasers. A spinning death laser.
- Swift Hunter Reflexes, faster moving, you can launch yourself in the air by shooting down just after you jump too.
- Psychic Truthballs: No one can avoid the truth. These explode into even more truth.
- Glorious Protector: A golden statue of Rude Bear which sends out glorious protection balls which protect other units (and can make waterfalls of death).
INFINITE RADNESS SQUAD (Rad Boar and Co.):
- Swinelike Mobility. You run like a pig.
- Machine Maiming Magnum. This giant bullet from your trusty revolver will go right through any other bullets and do large damage.
- Anti-Bacon Beacon. For anyone with the audacity to use bacon, this floating turret throws up food remains.
- Limited Mobility. You're holding a big gun.
- Leftover Scattergun. This gun fires rotten food morsels.
- Morsel Missile Launcher. This Bear-Seeking Missile Launcher will home in on Rude Bear with biological warfare and fire off old food.
- Bubonic Hovering. This unit can run and fire at the floor to hover around.
- Swine Flu "Vaccinator". Swine Flu follows you round and can be used as a shield, you can fly around with it, and you can edge around and take out units.
- Well Hidden Trap. This machine fires faeces missiles at anyone who happens to come too close to it. Extremely dangerous.
WASD (and DVORAK/AZERTY equivalents): Walk.
Space: Jump, and you can walljump up walls.
X: Deploy a Guardian.
Left click: Fire.
Mouse: Aim and pan the camera.
Typing: Leave hilarious messages for your opponents.
Code/Design: Alex Rose
Graphics: Kitt Diamond (Bears/Backgrounds) and Simon Wong (Boars/Foregrounds)
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
CAN I ENTER BOTH EVENTS?: You should pick 1 event, whichever you think it’ll do better in. If the idea is strong, and everything plays well enough, you can go Compo. If you’re a perfectionist, and would prefer people to play a more polished game, do the Jam. Historically, more games are entered in the Compo, but with more people and more time, Jam games have the potential to be better (that doesn’t mean they are). Many solo participants do enter the Jam.
If you made 2 games, unfortunately, the website doesn’t support multiple submissions per user. To submit your 2nd game, you will have to make a 2nd account. Only do this if you made 2 games. Alternatively, if one game is better than the other, then consider just entering the better game.
CAN I KEEP WORKING UNTIL THE DEADLINE?: Yes! Immediately after the 48 or 72 hours, we do something called Submission Hour. As the name suggests, it’s an extra hour for you to package, upload, and submit your games. If there were catastrophic issues trying submitting your game, or you misunderstood how submissions work, that’s okay. It happens. We’re flexible. If you need advice, check with the folks on IRC. If you need an admin, get in touch.
CAN I KEEP WORKING ON MY GAME?: Oh definitely! You should! But for the sake of judging, keep the Compo or Jam version around. You can include a link to the Post-Compo/Post-Jam version of your game on your games page, but sure your main links are the original version.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate at least 20 games to improve your visibility (Coolness).
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crashes, win condition, or tiny bugs after the deadline. In a sense, this is like “porting” to support more players. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just fixing mistakes you should have caught had you been better rested.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up. Alternatively, if you just posted it, wait a minute. The cache may not have refreshed yet.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.