Thieves' Honorby Mach60KAS - Compo Entry
Hi guys! If the server's down or if there's no-one playing contact me on twitter via @Mach60KAS. I'm up from 12:00 -> 03:00 GMT most days. Thanks, and enjoy!
Invite your friends! I'll try to play when I can, but it's more fun with more players! If you play alone, you're majorly missing out :(
* WASD to Move, Jump and Dive.
* Space to fire at current mouse cursor
* Hold Left-Mouse Button to charge a blink, Release to blink towards the mouse cursor.
\-> While blinking, you move extremely fast and are immune to bullet-fire!
\-> Blinking through a solid opponent will rob them of 25% of their money!
\-> Players turn light blue while charging, orange when fully charged and dark blue while blinking. While on cooldown from a blink, you turn red and have your movement speed cut.
\-> Cooldown lasts 1.5 sec, Charge lasts up to 4 secs.
* The winner is chosen at the end of the timer!
If you want to play the game but the server is down, leave a comment and I'll comment on your page when the server is running smoothly. Thanks for understanding.
(Temporarily hosted on my DynDNS.)
* ws for node.js
== BUG FIXES
* The server fails to kill ended game instances, adding players to already dead servers. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Players may control one another if they set their name to an enemy player's name. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Game fails to end on Google Chrome. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Timer not responding to server update packets. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Socket ends early, forcing a reload of the page to play multiple games. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* The player does not have the correct sprite, and instead is identical to all enemy players. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Player's blink cooldown function not calling. [DONE 11/12/2014]
* Player now placed back to centre of map if the collision bugs out. [DONE 11/12/2014]
== Known Bugs
* Wrong map occasionally loads.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up. Alternatively, if you just posted it, wait a minute. The cache may not have refreshed yet.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.