Not-your-average-pacmanby jfreax - Compo Entry
It's like good ol' pacman. But with only one level. Sounds boring? Appearances are deceptive!
In every round the rules get bend.
And in the end... its absolutly not like pacman.
How to start:
- if you have a relative up-to-date webbrowser use the web link
- for desktop version (running on Windows, Linux, MacOSX, ...) install Java (jre) and start with: "java -jar ld31-nyup-4.jar"
How to play:
- use wasd / arrow keys to move
- press enter or space to restart lost level
- if there are too many ghost to win a level, try to get rid of them
hint: you can eat ghost under special circumstances
- bfxr / jfxr
Level 0 - Classic pacman.
· mostly classic pacman rules
· get all coins, ghosts will kill you
· eat mushrooms and you can eat ghost (8 seconds long)
· green beans will boost your speed for a second
Level 1 - Classic Pacman. Difficulty++
· same as level 0, except a litte bit harder
Level 2 - Attention! Attention!
· beware of the lasers! contact will kill you instantly
Level 3 - Goal!
· go to the goal in the middle of the map
Level 4 - I need energy!
· you have 25 health (see top left status line)
· you lose one health point every second
· get energy to get healthier (energy? laser!)
Level 5 - Secret key!
· get the red key to shutdown the red laser
· then get the yellow key for the yellow laser
· go into the goal
Level 6 - 42
· collection exactly 42 coins
· go into the goal
Level 7 - 20 Step to Haven
· you die on step 21
· go to the goal
· use a secret "door" in the wall left to the goal
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up. Alternatively, if you just posted it, wait a minute. The cache may not have refreshed yet.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.