Ludum Dare 31 — December 5th-8th, 2014 — Theme: Entire Game on One Screen

Back to Browse Entries

Multi-dimensional Assassin Justice

by modwizcode - Jam Entry

Note: Game is zipped with jar and assets, assets must be located with the jar, exactly as it is stored in the archive.

The CEO of FizzBuzz Enterprise is attempting to take over the world by owning the entire stock market. They've already got 80% of the market in their pocket. You as the player are an dimensional jumping assassin who must assassonate the CEO before he can close the deal to buy the remaining 20%.

Use the WASD keys to move, to preview a dimension jump, hold down 1 for the past dimension, 2 for the present, or 3 for the future. While holding the key, press the right mouse button to actually do the jump.

Credits: (4 programmer team)
- Iris Johnson <modwizcode>
- Thecolorman
- radiolemon
and an additional developer.

The game can be a little buggy, we may fix a few post release.''

Downloads and Links


Ratings

#572Innovation(Jam)2.93
#708Graphics(Jam)2.80
#777Overall(Jam)2.87
#2152Coolness22%

Comments

modwizcode says ...
Dec 9, 2014 @ 3:22am

Ok the downloads are bugged, we are working on it.

modwizcode says ...
Dec 9, 2014 @ 4:30am

Fixed the downloads!

el-pepi says ...
Dec 9, 2014 @ 4:48am

Good idea, maybe it's a bit of a stretch on the theme but it's ok.
The graphics aren't very good, and some sound would be nice.
The ceo jumping with his desk made me laugh.

modwizcode says ...
Dec 9, 2014 @ 4:50am

The CEO was awesome, I didn't do the levels or the art, so I didn't even know what the end was gonna be like till I saw it.

BMacIntosh says ...
Dec 9, 2014 @ 4:54am

That's pretty cool! I actually like the character sprite a lot. It took me a bit to figure out that the gun enemies were shooting me. It was also sometimes hard to tell what was going on in the other dimensions before I jumped.

Dec 9, 2014 @ 8:42pm

Interesting...

Dec 11, 2014 @ 1:47am

Absolutely hilarious. I interdimensioned myself into oblivion, and fell forever. I count it as a win. 10/10, would play again.

Night says ...
Dec 11, 2014 @ 8:27pm

Doesn't work on linux. Only a small window with no content appears.

SusanTheCat says ...
Dec 11, 2014 @ 8:44pm

Interesting idea.

modwizcode says ...
Dec 11, 2014 @ 8:52pm

Night, I did roughly half of my development on linux. The issue with linux seems to be that (it does this on windows but less often). Sometimes the size of the window isn't set before it's displayed somehow. It can take a crazy number of launches before it works.

Kuality Games says ...
Dec 13, 2014 @ 5:59pm

Nice game, I like the idea. Interesting indeed.

darthballs says ...
Dec 15, 2014 @ 6:39pm

looks like i couldn't play it in this dimension sadface

XTremEive says ...
Dec 22, 2014 @ 5:03pm

I liked the story/setting/idea more than the actual execution.

maxmetallica says ...
Dec 29, 2014 @ 9:48pm

nice work

You must sign in to comment.


TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.

NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.

PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.

MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up. Alternatively, if you just posted it, wait a minute. The cache may not have refreshed yet.

MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.

[cache: storing page]