Color Is Everything.by csanyk - Compo Entry
***As always, if you leave a comment I'll play and rate your game.***
I really wanted the theme to be Color is Everything, but that's OK; I can fit the game I wanted to make on one screen.
In *Color Is Everything*, you control police officer Ferguson Cleveland of the N.Y.L.A.P.D. as he strives to Protect and Serve the city. Some of the city's people are black, some of them are white. Some of them are criminals. Your job is to protect the innocent while bringing criminals to justice.
The post-compo version adds:
- a bugfix for lower-resolution screens (down to 800x600) so the endgame text doesn't go off screen.
- slightly tweaks the pacing.
- Move using WASD or the arrow keys
- Arrest criminals by running into them.
- Shoot criminals by pressing Z or /
- You're not supposed to arrest or shoot innocents... but it's bound to happen sometimes. You have a dangerous job.
Your actions will be judged according to the values of society.
- You can't tell who's a criminal and who isn't just by looking at them. You have to observe their actions. It's not easy!
- As in real life, nothing bad will happen to you if you arrest or kill the wrong black person. However, you will lose points if you arrest an innocent white person, and your career will end if you kill an innocent white person.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up. Alternatively, if you just posted it, wait a minute. The cache may not have refreshed yet.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.