Space Delverby commodoreKid - Jam Entry
"In a galaxy far far away, everyone visits a merchant once in a while. That's where the worlds connect.."
*DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE UNDER THE WEB PLAYER.
**READ TIPS UNDER THE WEB PLAYER BEFORE YOU START PLAYING.
***YOU CAN PLAY ON WEB PLAYER BUT WE WOULD RECOMMEND YOU TO DOWNLOAD. IT MAY GIVE A BETTER VISUAL RESULT.
Space Delver is a Ludum Dare Jam result developed by Jan Szczepanik-Dzikowski and Anil Demir. Programming done by Jan, graphics done by Anil. Rest is done collectively.
It is a game of space exploration, mining and trading. It is playable but unfinished. Our aim was higher than what we achieved here. We want to go on developing and release a full game later. Let's list the features that are in the game right now and the features we planned but couldn't manage to implement.
- You can dock your station and check your upgrades, store transactions or federation newspaper.
- You can move and rotate.
- You can open your map and check the complete map of galaxy.
- You can scan your surroundings by your radar. The asteroids appear on your map and minimap by doing this. The planet icons change colors according to the material they have on them.
- You can mine on planets and asteroids.
- You have to turn back when you are low on fuel or to empty your cargo hold.
- You can sell what you have collected once you are docked at your station. You can also buy materials that are on sale.
- You can upgrade your ship when you're still docked if you have required materials on you.
- You can charge warp and travel at light speed.
- You can shoot lasers or rockets once you upgraded your weapon.
- Your shield deflects asteroid hits but if you hit hard, you explode when your hull integrity is over.
Game Engine: Unity3D
FEATURES THAT WE PLANNED BUT NOT IN THE GAME
- News changing every day and affecting the game.
- Ship stats showing on upgrades tab
- Bounty hunting
- Combat with other ships, stations, pirates
- Last weapon upgrade, laser cannon
- Moving ships around the space, cargo ships that can be docked at while they move.
- Asteroids explode when you shoot them.
- Game over screen
- Custom input (even gamepad support)
- Save/load game
- Galaxy borders
- Ongoing story
- Pause menu
- Better sound effects
You can see the game controls in main menu.
Enjoy the game as it is. Hope you will like it :)
Note: Linux/MAC versions are not tested but built for convenience.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.