Good News Delivery Co.by DragonXVI - 48 Hour Compo Entry
UPDATE: Post-48hr Compo EASIER VERSION released! More information at:
UPDATE: Retrospective added:
Good News everyone! I've coated the ship in an experimental adamantine coating - It's pretty much indestructible!
You've got 3 minutes to ship as much cargo as possible. Grab it up from nearby planets and deliver it safely to its destination! There's a bonus if you manage to carry loads of cargo at once, but don't think hauling that around the solar system'll be easy! There's Pirates and Gravity Wells to avoid, and each destroyed cargo will result in a penalty!
How much money can you make? (Or at least, how little can you lose? :p)
(Best played in 1024 x 768 with a gamepad)
(Apologies in advance for the ridiculous difficulty!)
- Start off ferrying single crates, then try carrying lots of cargo at once for a delivery combo bonus.
- If in doubt, follow the arrow. It'll direct you to the nearest cargo or your current destination.
- Try stay away from the surface of plents. Physics & controlling the ship gets a bit tricky :p
- Having trouble dropping cargo off quickly? Try slingshotting it to the surface by releasing the cargo while turning, but watch your aim!
- Pirates will destroy your cargo - Avoid them at all cost! They're pretty dumb though, so lure them into crashing into planets!
- Your ship is invincible! Your cargo is not!
- Code, Art, Sound, etc. - Malcolm Brown
- Inspired rather obviously by Futurama. (And maybe a little bit of Kerbal Space Program. And maybe Inner Space too if anyone remembers that)
- Unity 4.3 (Free)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Pro
- FL Studio 10 Pro
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.