Arktrailby DaanVanYperen - 48 Hour Compo Entry
You are the captain of a futuristic interstellar ark that quite honestly, left space-dock months too early.
Will you patch up your ship and survive the long journey between worlds to finish the space gate you are tasked to build, or will your ship succumb to the perils of interstellar space?
Hope you enjoy my FTL and Oregon Trail hybrid! I myself enjoyed this LD a lot, hope to check out your entries soon!
MAIN TIP: USE THE BUTTONS IN THE BOTTOM TO EXPAND YOUR SHIP!
- You will need to produce fuel and food! Expand your ship to survive!
- Click 'engage' to warp to the next point. Crewmembers build sections, age and eat during each step! **Warning: Your ship will not stop until a warp point has been reached, unless you are out of fuel.
- Placed ship sections do not function until constructed by the crew.
- Finished sections randomly generate food, fuel and other pickups.
- Bigger crew means faster building! Bunks increase your chances of births! Watch your food though!
- Plan ahead, if the distance between warp points on the route is long, your ship will not stop for a while. You can only build and scan at warp points, but your crew will build and your ark will produce and consume resources each step of the way!
- Don't place too many sections at once, your crew might build the things you don't need first.
- Crewmembers age. Additional drives will cause long warp paths to take less time! Did you know Biogel can revitalize the elderly?
- Brainslugs have benefits!
- Don't give up when you run out of fuel, scan around for a bit, you might get lucky!
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.