Love Craftby renatopp - 48 Hour Compo Entry
So, this is it. This is my entry for ludum dare #30 under the theme "connected worlds", and...
# PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING THE GAMES
- IDEA: Everybody wants a person to share a life, to found a family, to fall in love, to marry, etc; and when this happen, one person connects its own world to the other. Love Craft aims to connect worlds metaphorically: chibis walking in the park looking for their unknown loves while you protect them from obstacles (such as bad matching and meddler chibis).
- MECHANICS: Attention & Velocity, mouse-only and only by dragging things.
- WHY WAS HARD: I've developed a behavior tree library from scratch (probably a mistake, but I didn't liked the implementation around the interwebzz) and implement a lot of behavior for these chibis: there are 21 actions, 15 conditions, and 2 decorators; some of them to handle multi-agent communication. Moreover, debugging this without any visual tool is like hugging the devil itself. I've lost approximately 14 hours only on this. So, despite of apparently simple, the development was really heavy.
- WHAT IS MISSING: Sound at all; dynamic environment; more chibi styles; more levels; and more mechanics to avoiding repetitiveness.
- HOW TO PLAY: You only have to let the couples talking; click & drag meddler chibis, the rain and the bird in order to avoid interruption of conversations.
* Email: renato.ppontes at gmail dot com
* Site: http://guineashots.com
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.