Sun God Star Bridgeby Ted Brown - Jam Entry
=== Arise, Phoebus Apollo! Take back your golden throne! ===
The god Apollo has awoken on Pluto, and must blast his way to the center of the solar system in a radical display of 80's arcade infused excellence, featuring more than ten fan-BLEEP-ing-tastic glam rock tracks that will blow your socks off!
Game by Ted Brown (oreganik.com)
Music by Michael McCarthy (mercenarymusicllc.com)
Sound by Michael Jones (mikejonesaudio.com)
Voice by Will Bucknum (voicetogame.com)
- Cursor keys for radical aerial maneuvers
- Spacebar to launch radiating fiery blasts
- Return to skip laaaame "story" sequences LOL
- Push the coin slot to return your quarter (must be playing at disheveled Chuck E. Cheese and/or Putt-Putt Limited Edition Arcade EPROM Machine)
The continue score ramps up very quickly after the first few deaths. Blow up tons of stuff on the planet so you can get a high enough score to challenge the Rainbow Bridge Guardians!
POST-JAM UPDATE (SEPTEMBER 1):
- Added downloadable versions for major platforms
- Added "TRAINING MODE" and "INFINITE CONTINUES" mode. I want folks to have fun and see the ending!
- Training Mode cuts the length of the game almost in half by reducing enemy counts. It also slows down the Guardian's rate of fire.
- Infinite Continues mode does just that: sets Continue cost to zero every time.
- Tap 1 to go to Training Mode.
- Tap 1 a second time to go to Infinite Continue mode.
- There's no going back until you start a new game!
We've been lucky enough to get two blog mentions. Thank you!
- Poems About Games -
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun -
GET THE MUSIC
Hear the full-length tracks!
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.