Sidelineby Vandash - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Sideline is a dual stick shooter in which your ship's direction directly affects the game rules. Xbox usb controller is strongly recommanded!
*Note: If you've never played or are not used to dual stick shooter you should play ~15mins to get used to the controls :)
Tips & Game rules :
- Move using the left stick or keyboard arrows.
- By going UP you enter the red world, and you can shoot by using the right stick or the mouse. But enemies become more hostile as well.
- By going DOWN you enter the green world in which your ship gets upgraded, but you can't shoot.
- By going LEFT you enter the blue world where time slows down.
- And RIGHT is the yellow speedy world.
- At the start of the game, go down to upgrade your ship!
- Try to exit the arena to teleport to the opposite side.
- Make sure to grab the score multipliers!
- When going throught the right arena wall you spawn a multiplier.
- Make sure to kill the spawners as soon as possible.
- Challenge your friends, my personnal best score is 45000.
Thanks a lot to Ludum Dare Paris for organisation, as always :)
Inspirations : Geometry Wars 2 Retro Evolved, Superhot, Legend of Zelda, Braid.
Also the first time I'm doing music on my own, and I really enjoyed it! I hope you like the game :) Let me know your score!
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.