Playbuckby Ithildin - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Playbuck is a 2D platformer, with additional digging and eeer...mating mechanics. I'm not sure if it should be considered NSFW because of this -_-U.
You're the only buck in the burrow, so your life is pretty busy trying to procreate with all the does in the herd and, if possible, making it a snake-free area. Mating is exhausting, so you can expect some reward at the end ;D
* Left-right arrows: Movement
* Space: Jump
* D: Dig
* F: If next to a doe, mate with her.
* M: Toggle music on/off
* R: Restart game.
* There's an annoying bug where the jump height at times gets capped, making it impossible to continue on the level. If you stumble upon it, you'll have to restart the stage (sorry about that D:). I haven't been able to determine when it's reproduced yet, but I'll resubmit a fixed version if I manage to do it (or if anyone less tired can help me detect the conditions under which it happens).
* Some collision problems.
* Digging works, but it's not particularly polished. My bad :S
* On the windows executable, for some reason the HUD texts appear at 0 regardless the starting Y position. I haven't been able to fix it so far.
* Repetitive, grating music (I would have liked to add at least some victory/defeat/main menu tunes, but well...time)
* Language: Haxe
* Libraries: Openfl, Haxeflixel
* IDE: FlashDevelop
* Music: Famitracker
* Sound: Bfxr, Audacity
* Level Editor: Tiled
* Graphics: Photoshop, Aseprite
Stay tuned for the postmortem!
[EDIT 6/11/2016] Updated web link.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.