Biofuelby Jeremias - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Biofuel is a Harvest Moon like game. Your task is to fuel the space station with biofuel by growing and harvesting plants. You can carry only one tool at the same time and you have only one day to give your best in harvesting!
The game requires .NET 4 and XNA 4:
You can play the game with the keyboard or the gamepad likewise (tested with a xbox 360 gamepad).
Write your score (the amount of biofuel gathered) into the comments or tell me them via twitter (@StevenColling) - my record was 166 liter!
The game shows short help texts and the controls, but if you have problems with the game, here is a little introduction.
I recommend to skip the following and to discover the game on your own.
1. Cultivate land with the shovel by walking over the fields (which have a white border) and pressing C (keyboard) or X (gamepad).
2. Go to the console at the top.
3. Select one of the seed types with Space/Return or A/B on the gamepad, e.g. the carrot seeds.
4. Walk to the cultivated land and press C (or X with gamepad) for throwing the seeds.
5. Get the watering tool at the console...
6. ...and use it on the plant seeds.
7. After a while (time runs only if you are moving or if you stand on the platform in the center), the carrot reachs its next state and needs to be watered again.
8. After a couple of stages, the ready carrots have green sparkles. Get the scythe and harvest them.
9. Bring the harvest back to the console to tranform it directly to fuel.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.