Luduvikusby JALgames - Jam Entry
You've been teleported into another world and the only thing you got was one single apple, which you ate. So get some food quickly to satisfy your hunger.
This is an RPG with nice pixel graphics, some nice mobs (yes, shit), about 20 different tiles and 10 different items, but there still has do be done some work. And yes, this game is called spritebatchandfont.desktop, because I took that SharpDX sample file. But first, here are the instructions:
- start the game
- if any mob (a worm or some shit) is moving to you, run away (control your caracter with WASD, not with the arrow keys)!
- if not, press - some times until you like the scale
- make sure you have access to a desert.
- if not, restart the game - sorry, but some flint is nessecary and you only get it in the desert
- search some mushrooms (the brown ones only, the others harm you)
- move on a tile next to them, not onto the mushrooms
- press the arrow keys pointing in the direction of the mushroom and hold it
- if a green bar on the top of the screen appears, you did it right. Wait until the mushroom disappears
- if not, move around some pixels. The gather detection is still a bit buggy
- press I to open the inventory
- select the mushroom with the arrow keys
- press enter to eat it
- you will notice that another apple appeared on the bottom of the screen [the apple is just a sign for food in general]
- gather and eat mushrooms until the hunger bar contains at least 8 apples
- make sure you always reselect the hand in the inventory after eating. Otherwise, you won't be able to continue gathering
- after eating you should get some twigs:
- move next to a tree (with leaves)
- press the arrow key pointing in the direction of the tree
- you see, it's pretty similar to gathering food
- after getting 5 or 6 twigs, go into a desert and search some flints (they are hidden in the sand, so don't wonder if you don't see any:)
- on any sand tile, use the arrow keys to select a sand tile next to you. When the bar on the top of the screen has filled, you got your first flint.
- get about 5 or 6 flints
- now you surely want to craft a axe to get wood:
- press C
- all the items craftable appear next to your inventory
- select the axe (the top-most-item, so it's most properly already selected)
- you see some items on the left side of the axe: these are the items required to craft this. If you've got all of them in you inventory, you can press enter and the axe will appear in your inventory
- go to your inventory (press escape to close the crafting screen and I after that)
- select the axe
- press escape of i to close the inventory
- now you can chop down trees as well
- if you want to do other things, you have to reselect your hand
- you know almost everything, just these little tips for your further gameplay:
- the item below the axe can turn grass into farming ground
- after some time, the farming ground can be harvested with the tool below
- the sword needn't be selected to make attacks:
- simply press and hold space at any time your near (< 1.5 tiles) a mob and it will be attacked (sorry for the lack of an attack animation, but although it seems like nothing happens, the mob will be attacked constantly)
We don't want to manipulate your ratings, but if you want to support the further development of our game, you can tell all your dev friends about this game and to rate it too.
So this will happen when this game is one of the best *
- 200 games: we'll add new food and plants + some new mobs
- 100 games: we'll improve the map-gen a lot so it can produce large maps fast and generates NPC buildings
- 50 games: we'll add villages and humanoid players
- 20 games: animations: we'll add so many animations you can't say if the game is reality or not :)
- 15 games: LAN multiplayer!
- 10 games: we'll make as much as possible! Development will be continued as long as possible
*don't think we belive in being one of the first 200 games, but nobody has forbidden to do this!
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.