December 14th-17th 2012 :: Theme: You are the Villain
ARM: Alien Research Missionby Hume - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Flight, unethical experiments and wanton destruction.
It's A.R.M., the Alien Research Mission for purely peaceful purposes.*
**** Controls ****
* Up propels you in the direction of the top of the UFO, like a helicopter.
* Left and Right rotate you left and right. Once you start rotating, you need to thrust the other direction to slow down. Go easy until you get the hang of it.
**** Tips ****
* Fly your UFO around and level up by reaching the end of the level without crashing or earning too much notoriety. Each human left alive increases your notoriety. (Humans on screen when the level ends don't count.)
* Destroy buildings for bonus villainy.
* If you can't figure out how to gargle a frotz, just try something random.
* If you go off the left or right edges of the screen, the game will nudge you back on. If you go off the top, don't panic! You'll come back down...eventually.
* Low and slow is the easiest way to cause maximum chaos.
* If I had another 10 minutes, there'd be goats.
I've provided an .app version for OSX and an .exe version for Windows. Unzip the file and run. On other platforms, you should be able to run the JAR by double clicking.
If you only play games on the web, make a big fuss and I'll see if I can figure out the GWT backend for libgdx.
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to place in the final results, you NEED votes. The easiest way to get votes is by rating other games. Judging lasts for 3 weeks following the end of Ludum Dare. For best effect, rate 20 games as soon as possible. Rating more games is encouraged.
MORE TIPS AND DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
REMEMBER: The “Theme” category is only for the main theme (You are the Villain). Don’t penalize for not using Goats.
TEAMS: Teams entering the Jam should pick a single representative to submit your game, or create a team specific account you can share. We currently do not support Team Voting, but sharing an account and together playing and rating games is acceptable.
NOT LOGGED IN?: If you get a message about not being logged in, even though you are, it’s because your web browser cached the non-logged in page. You can fix this by either refreshing your cache or clearing your cache. CTRL+F5 in many browsers. Chrome is a bit more work. Press F12 to enable Developer Mode, then you can right click on the refresh button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”. This option is unavailable if you are not in Developer Mode.
We’ve identified the problem, and should have the page caching bugs fixed for next Ludum Dare.
PORTS: Ports to other platforms can be done after the deadline. That said, the sooner you finish your port, the sooner people can play your game, improving your chances of placing in the final results. For best results, provide a Web version of your game, or a Windows version with no dependencies. Also be sure to rate about 20 games to improve your visibility.
MY GAME DOESN’T SHOW UP: If you can’t find your game, it’s usually because the URL to your downloads are missing ‘http://‘. Fix your URLs (http://mysite.com/mygame.zip) and you will show up.
MY GAME CRASHES, IS UNBEATABLE, OR I MADE A TYPO: We allow you to fix crash or win condition bugs after the deadline (in a sense, like “porting” to support more players). We also allow “typo” bugs. I.e. A true that should have been a false, a word that should have been a different word, very tiny changes that you would have caught if you had more sleep. We leave this open to interpretation, but generally speaking your game should be identical to the game you submitted. No new features, just things you messed up last minute. Typos.