August 24th-27th 2012 :: Theme: Evolution
Super Genome: Hyper Evolution Turbo Edition - Raptor85 - 48 Hour Compo Entry
*Important Update* Most of the bugs have been worked out, if you had crashes or white textures before those have been fixed now...If you had control issues the keyboard control that was in the debug build for testing is now turned on also, mostly for you trackpad users who don't have a real mouse or a decent nub :P (I asked PoV and he said it was fine since it was essentialy a "port" to allow slower computers and computers without real mice to play) Aside from the standard "click to where you want to move" you can also use wasd (sorry non-qwerty keyboard users, this code was never meant for release, it was just a debug thing)
The source package also now contains a standard makefile instead of just the codeblocks project, and i've included all the headers and engine shared objects packed with it. (don't need to go to my site and download it anymore)
This was built for linux and android, the windows version is a port and my engine is not yet very well tested under windows so there may be some bugs! Please rate the other two versions if possible.
the android version may take a few hours to show up in google play as well.
This is a simple action rpg operated entirely by the mouse (linux and windows) or touch (android). Kill enemies and you will start to evolve parts of your body into parts of theirs (don't kill too many blobs or you'll be stuck a blob for a long time!) Parts can freely mix and match.
See if you can survive and make it to the end! (There IS an end, and it will be obvious when you see it that you need to go there)
Quick Evolution Tips:
* Fighting a single enemy too much has the potential to de-evolve traits you have gotten from other enemies
* There are three "visible" traits in your evolution, head, body, and back. Body in general determines your base defense and attack speed, head determines your base damage and range, back(wings) lets you fly at different speeds depending on wing type
* everything has a tradeoff, for instance a heavy body like the wolfrat has higher defense but will be slower than a lightweight bird body,
* there are more "invisible" traits, that unfortunately i did not have time to sprite. Legs provide a speed boost and can be obtained from any creature that has them (bird,wolf,spider). The bird legs are slow but faster than having none (blob), wolf is fast and spider is fastest.
* the second "invisible" trait is skin type, you start as "naked" type which has no stat changes at all (blob is essentially "pure" no modifiers on all stats), you can evolve hair from wolves, scales from snakes, and feathers from birds, hair has a minor defense bonus, scales has a major defense bonus, and feathers has a speed bonus. Again, they ARE there you just cant see them due to time constraints cutting my spriting short.
* the third invisible property is venom sacs, you either have them or not, you can evolve them from either spider or snake DNA, they cuase enemies to harm themselves when they attempt to attack you after you've hit them at least once
* the last invisible property is the bat's echolocation, which brightens up the rooms, this is only obtainable by bats and is the only property that CANT de-evolve once you have it
Overall there are 36 unique body combinations for your creature that are visible (modular sprites, it mixes and matches them based on your current statistics), in all there are 2304 different combinations of abilities so how you play and what you attack and in what order can have a very VERY drastic effect on how the game plays for you.
You must sign in to comment.