April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
IÄTI - gnx - Jam Entry
^Thats an A-umlaut in the title.
What a blast it was making this.
Since the game itself is a bit cryptic about itself I'll describe the main mechanics here:
1. By pressing space you release eggs from the bird.
2. These eggs are blue,green,brown and gold and will produce water,grass,dirt and humans.
3. You can then further drop eggs on these to create new stuff, such as a tent is created by dropping grass on a human.
4. A tent can then be used to score by raising it up via dropping grass on it.
5. Evil ghosts will kill the humans and the tent, but can be disposed with eggs.
6. The game can end in 2 ways: you can run out of eggs or one of the ground blocks touches the bird.
There is no game over screen, so whatever score you have when the bird dies or you run out of eggs is your final score :)
The game uses the brilliant html5 engine Impact
The music and (shockingly beautiful) art were all made by me. The game and story are loosely based on finnish folklore creation myth and Kalevala.
Despite some bugs I am very happy with what I got together.
I hope you enjoy the game.
You must sign in to comment.