April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Tiny Questby Kvisle - 48 Hour Compo Entry
!NOTE! - The game works in wine if you don't want to build the Linux-version, or are using a platform without a port (but with wine)
!!NOTE!! As of 2012-04-24 23:55 CEST, there is a Mac OS X application bundle. Link added. (This is a pure port with no enhancements, and should qualify for rating according to the rules of porting)
Known problems with the game (This list is written after all the feedback I've gotten ;)):
* Jumping is kind of awkward, especially easy to notice at a later point in the game (This is my number one regret - I should have fixed this :()
* There is a minor issue with the bounding box of the character, where he can get stuck on a ledge - you only have to jump to get down.
* Sometimes the blobs will fly away on their own when you enter the screen.
* Due to the way I implemented gravity, you can get damaged for the wrong reason when standing on a platform near a flame.
The game is attempting to clone the look and feel of the old Nintendo Game Boy,
as that was apparently what I felt like doing this time.
How to play:
* Arrow keys or a/d moves the player sideways.
* Space makes your character jump.
* Space while jumping makes your character jump higher, aka. a double jump - if you have the necessary artifact. (The game will clearly tell you when you have it).
The game can be completed.
The Linux-version is the source-version in a tarball, build instructions inside README. (It's quite simple, you just have to make sure that the dependencies is in place)
If something does not work as it should, please contact me on twitter, mail or
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.