April 20th-23rd 2012 :: 10 Year Anniversary! :: Theme: Tiny World
Attack on the Planet XXS-01by TenTonToon - 48 Hour Compo Entry
Finally, after (as you may have guessed) 8 nights and 9 days of work, I hereby introduce you to the new version of "Attack On Planet XXS-01"
The basic mechanics are in place: you control the turret with the mouse, right button shoots, left button places a satellite. The movement is somewhat smoother than before.
If you press the Space key, an orbit will be drawn on screen. If you then place a satellite (while pressing the Space key), it will follow said orbit, instead of being stationary.
There's a new HUD (there's "A" HUD, in fact XD). It shows:
- Active weapon (bottom left of the screen)
- Active satellite (bottom right of the screen)
To change the type of satellite to use, just press the 'Q', 'W', 'E' and 'R' keys. The satellites are:
- Type 1: shoots like a Boss
- Type 2: tractor beam. Kinda weak, though - it only slows down the enemies
- Type 3: repulse beam. Move them out of the way!
- Type 4: energy sucker. Steal their energy to increase the turret's regeneration rate
Placing a satellite sucks half of the available energy (50 units). And they regenerate their energy too, now.
You can place up to 4 satellites on screen simultaneously. The only requirement is to have enough energy for its "teleportation"
Two new types of enemies, that you will encounter from the 8th wave onwards:
- Mine: slow and erratic movement, but smallish (hard to hit) and with quite a bang!
- Mecha: enters an orbit around the planet and chases the player's position. It has a front shield that repels energy shots. And that's as much as I can tell :D
The 'Ripple' gun (number 3) is weaker than before, but it has the ability to slightly push enemies back (depending on a variable 'weight' associated with each enemy type)
There are some new graphical bells and whistles, of course. Like a nifty tiny life bar that shows you how your enemies are feeling.
Oh! And there are some sounds! No music yet, though...
The game can be completed successfully. But it won't be easy. Trust me on that one XD
Please try this version out if you feel like the original Ludum Dare version had some potential. You'll see you were completely wrong! XD But, should you vote, please vote solely based on the original version!
Please enjoy my first Ludum Dare game to date! :D
Source code included with the .exe
Enjoy, and thanks for your time!
Downloads and Links
You must sign in to comment.