Trust me, this looks awesome when in motion with zombies attacking from all directions
DOWNLOAD LINK (.exe file for windows (should work in xp/vista/7), also includes source code (copy data/ directory to src/ and run MLD_10.py))
Second download link (google code link, full setup file for windows)
Third download link (megaupload, so this might not be a very permanent link)
You are the lone survivor of… Uh, an zombie attack.
Stay alive for as long as possible! Beat your record!
Aim for the head for massive damage, shoot to the body to slow Zombie down and shoot to the legs to cripple them.
Don’t forget to conserve ammo!
Controls: A/D for movement, W or S for moving up stairs/ladders (hold down when you want to use a stairway/ladder), mouse1 fires pistol, mouse2 throws records, ESC quits, enter toggles fullscreen (800*600 pixels only)
Bonus controls: F prints fps, C counts all the zombies and prints their types to console, N adds MAX_ZOMBIES zombies (300), M adds one zombie, K kills all zombies that aren’t roaming (only zombie dogs can roam)
Finally! I spent three hours figuring out how to use py2exe, fixing a problem with fonts and trimming the package (py2exe created files worth 40 MB (exluding the temp build/ directory), I got it down to 8 MB).
Second and third house added and fully functional, including a line between the two houses (with corresponding semi-stupid Zombie AI). Also added health pack, 5 new sounds and re-wrote 600 lines of code to make it look better. Also did some simple docstring documenting. Difficulty is now well-adjusted, getting over 300 seconds is really hard: my record i 327 seconds. How long can you survive?
This is my first LD, and I must say that I have enjoyed it very much. Not so much for the community feeling (which is really bad: I guess it’s because this is just a mini-ld) but for the forced time limit (…which I broke by 7 hours. Oh well!). I have spent around 28 of the 48 hours (well, 34 of the last 55 hours) actively working on this game. I started with nothing but a 40-line code skeleton for pygame (which I had created some weeks ago). I didn’t like the theme domestic violence, but it gave me inspiration to use a house.
I made the game with following:
SciTE – Text-editing
MS Paint – Creating images
SFXR – Creating sound effects
Python 2.5 – Language
Pygame 1.8.1 – Graphics and sound library
Kebab, bananas and water – Little time for eating