Ludum Dare 29
Ludum Dare 27
Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 24
Ludum Dare 24 Warmup
Ludum Dare 23
About Rabbits... (twitter: @ThePurpleDonut)
I am currently running purpledonutgames.com. Its a free flash game site with full embed code and source code download options in case you want to steal some code...Ludum dare is really the reason why my games actually function properly so I am a big fan...
Archive for the ‘LD #23’ Category
I know that most people rate hundreds of games before announcing who their favorites are, I am running out of time, so I’m just doing it off the Fifty games that I’ve played so far.
Overall, I have to say that people’s game were very enjoyable to play…There were some things that tend to annoy me though. Including:
1. Not giving any description in the game bio section.
2. Giving way too long of a description in the game bio section…
3. Really, really tiny fonts, Seriously, some were like half this size.
4. Extremely long intros about your game…There cool in small samplings, but four pages of full text at twelve point font is too much…
5. Games that seem like they have no foreseeable way to play them in any way…(Sometimes this is not your fault, but there still annoying…)…
Enough about the bad stuff, I found some great things too:
1. Drawing…Can someone tell me how to draw as good as some people in this contest?
2. Mind blowing explosions, (I love particle effects!!)…
3. This game: Tondie and Zupe (fixed link)… is so great…it has everything anyone would ever need, (upgrades, jumping, bubblers, and planets that talk)…
Overall great Ludum Dare every one…I wish everyone to do well in the final standings in THREE DAYS…See you all in three months…(this counts as my post-motem)…
I have found out the path that most every Ludum Dare entry follows:
Hour 1: Exited about theme and ready to go!
Hour 5: Stuff starts working and finishing early becomes a possibility.
Hour 10: Tiredness comes slowly but begins to kick in.
Hour 20: Ouch almost a day left and I’m about half done…Weird how that happens.
Hour 30:BUGS! there everywhere and I can’t figure out why. lack of sleep isn’t helping.
Hour 40: recovered from the last part but still not out…adding extra features now
Hour 46-48: I’m finished. It’s over. Never doing that again…Until next time…(Wait that doesn’t make sense)
Well that’s how it happened with me…Anyway…See you in Four Months…
…It just took me an hour to fix one bug…
I guess those people who say things about what’s bad programming practice are actually right…
ONE DAY LEFT! Half Way Done!