Ludum Dare 26
Ludum Dare 25
Ludum Dare 23
Ludum Dare 22
I'm 19 years old and trying to make games. Always looking forward to the next LD!
The avatar is by TheFridolin (www.champany.de).
P.S.: Java rules!!
Check out my stuff: http://para-welt.com/main/ayce/
And my moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/members/ayce
Archive for the ‘LD #22’ Category
I really have to say, I had a great time participating in this Ludum Dare, and first of all, I want to say I’m gonna do it again! LD is such an awesome experience!
I was surprised I did not have much problems during the development. I couldn’t code on saturday, but that was not a problem after all.
What went wrong:
– Sound. I planned to make a music and add some sfxr’ed effects, but when I was done with coding, it was already monday here in germany, and I had to write a test this day. All in all I got 3 hours of sleep, and did not feel great that day. But I don’t regret anything. ^^ Anyway, sound is something, I would have liked to include. In the post-compo version, I added it.
What went right:
– Planning: I used 6 hours of saturday to write everything on paper. This of course gave me the opportunity to develop with a full concept of how the game should be, which resulted in enhanced coding speed!
– Discipline: I got up at 7 am in the morning, and coded nearly straigt until midnight. But I drunk way to less, just one and a half pot of tea for the entire day!
– Gameplay: The gameplay developed amazingly nice. I did plan how to make the game, how it would be was unknown, in my opinion, the gameplay is quite nice.
I had a todo-list, which gave me motivation, each time I completed a point.
P.S.: Many thanks to Notch for bringing me here with his timelapse videos! (Metagun!!! Breaking the Tower!!!! Bunny Press!!!)
Yeah, title says it all. Didn’r have time to participate earlier, had to learn for a test, but at least i now have a 99.9% idea of how my game should be.
I’ll be using:
– Eclipse (Java ftw!!)
– Ulead PhotoImpact 10/Paint.NET
– Audacity for sounds maybe
– My (music) keyboard if this is allowed
– No libraries ^^
Listening to: www.psyradio.fm & www.audionautix.com
I know it’s a bit late, but well, this just increases the challenge
GL HF everyone!