Since a couple of issues with the random number generator conspired to make the game a little harder than it needed to be, I’ve done a post-compo version of the game. The changes are:
- Altered fungi generation to always leave a gap for the player to get through.
- Altered fungi generation to ensure the full range of fungus types appear within a reasonable timeframe.
- Weighted weapon toadstools to appear mostly on the front of the ship.
- Added menu to the title screen.
- Added easy mode (less ship inertia, less frequent (and not intensifying) spores, less frequent boulders).
And I’ve also uploaded a couple of videos of me playing through the game (spoilers, obv.):
They’re slightly jittery because I had a hard time finding a screen recorder that actually worked. Fraps, camstudio, and taksi were all far too slow; I wound up using gtk-record-my-desktop on Linux (which I have on a different partition on the same machine, so it’s not a hardware issue).