About hcs


Ludum Dare 19
Ludum Dare 18

hcs's Trophies

Archive for the ‘LD #18 – Enemies as Weapons – 2010’ Category

Master Exploder is done (for now)!

Posted by
Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 2:41 pm

I’ve submitted Master Exploder. I learned that a design requiring a large number of interesting levels is a bad choice for LD. I also learned that I’m capable of putting out at least recognizable graphics. There’s some hours left, but I’m exhausted and the game does everything I’d wanted it to.

Master Exploder so far

Posted by
Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 3:12 am

I have 11 levels of my game complete, thought I’d put it up for someone to poke at.  Still placeholder graphics, time will tell if I get around to fixing those at all.
Clickable link!


Posted by
Saturday, August 21st, 2010 7:43 am

Yes, placeholders, but enemies can explode and take out others (and the player, the burnt green square in this shot).  About 10 hours worth of code behind this, looking forward to actually putting some levels together tomorrow.


Posted by
Saturday, August 21st, 2010 3:06 am

Well, while I wait for a debug gnash to compile (trying to track down where this freeze on mouseover is coming from), here’s a shot of my current state 5 hours in:

Master Exploder

Posted by
Friday, August 20th, 2010 7:31 pm

So here’s the thought:  Top down, player has the ability to cause any enemy within some radius to explode, destroying everything nearby.  Has some set number of times he can do this per screen.  So by variously waiting on or luring enemies, can kill the excess enemies and break down walls to progress.


Posted by
Friday, August 20th, 2010 4:39 pm

As is now traditional, my desk, and surrounding Space.

Statement of Intense

Posted by
Friday, August 20th, 2010 3:31 am

Hi, this is my first LD, and really my first game compo since the Minigame compo in 2003 (where I submitted the only 1k NES game).  I enjoy programming contests and I’m trying to get better at making games, so I’m really looking forward to it!

I’ll be using MTASC and swfmill (and likely Inkscape and Gimp) to work in Flash, maintaining swf v7 compatibility.  This due at least somewhat to the idealistic desire to have the game work in gnash.  I’ve been working on a few games in this environment for about a month, so it’s at the top of my mind.

I hope to enjoy playing y’all’s games!

[cache: storing page]